Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fishy plan



Here is my plan, as quickly rendered in paint, for the fish purse. Rather than knitting up individual fish and sewing them together I want to create stripes that will suggest waves as well as a school of fish. Then I will decorate 1 1/2 "wavelengths" to look like a fish. I'll make some little lace fins, and maybe sequin scales. I knitted up one of these "waves" in Bernat Softee Chunky yarn to yeild the following result:
But I don't think that this will make it into the final product because I really think this would be a good project to showcase my hand-dyed yarn. After so many projects working with it, this machine dyed yarn seems so static to me. Its amazing what a little food coloring and vinegar do for a yarn. I'll try to document the dying process when I get there.
I'm also hoping to post some pictures of the host of purses I have that are in several states of being unfinished...perhaps in hopes of recieving some comments or suggestions on them.

No comments: